Thanks for stopping by. My name is Susan Gaddis, and I’m looking forward to getting to know you. I’m an author, speaker, Christian life coach, grandmother, and veteran homeschooler. I’ve broken my bio down into slices so you can skip to the piece that flavors your interest the most:
- Personal—because if we are going to be friends, you should know a little bit about me.
- Professional—“credentials” are important, and many of mine have been earned through years of experience.
- How I can help you build a spiritual legacy—because, yes, I really would like to help you make a difference in your world.
Growing up on a California ranch as the oldest of four children taught me the importance of family, fun, and responsibility.
My memories include egg fights in the barn, swimming in cow troughs, lots of hard work, and building tree forts.
I met my future husband, Tom, in High School drama class. (I believe some academics were thrown in somewhere.) I devoured library books and still consider reading my favorite recreational activity.
Six children and a number of grandchildren later, we are still learning what it means to be spiritual people.
Tom and I homeschooled our six children and survived—so did they. Family is a high priority in my book. It is my firm belief that God gives us a family so our dysfunctional attitudes will rise to the surface where he can address them. Then he blesses us with grandchildren as a way of sweetening the process.
As a Christian, I’m learning to walk with the Holy in the ordinary twists and turns of daily life. I serve as a Christian life coach and mentor to folks at Father’s House and my online community.
When not writing or busy with ministry responsibilities, I enjoy my grandchildren, scrapbooking, crocheting, social media, and a cafe’ mocha from the Starbucks down the road.
As one of the staff pastors of Father’s House, I direct the Mentoring School of Ministry, the Counseling Team, and the Intercession Team as well as guide our women’s ministry, Forever Girlfriends.
In the 2012 May issue of Foursquare Leadership magazine I’m listed as one of ten Women You Should Know—I’m surprised, honored, and humbled. Really. *shy grin*
I’m the author of these books and ebooks:
- Help, I’m Stuck With These People for the Rest of Eternity—Christian Advice on Healthy Relationship Characteristics and Making Relationships Work
- Eternal Foundations for a New Generation: Homeschoolers and children’s ministries all over the world use this series.
During my years in ministry, my articles have been published in:
- Ministry Today
- Salt Magazine, November 2011, January 2012
- Advance Magazine
- The Teaching Home
- Atascadero News
- Foursquare International devotional website and the Ishshah women’s Bible studies series
As a conference and retreat speaker, I teach on a variety of subjects including:
- Building a Spiritual Legacy
- Spiritual growth
- Contemplative prayer
- Dreams and visions
- Spiritual warfare
A spiritual legacy is all about your relationship with the Lord—the stories of your past and present walk with Jesus given to the future. It is the baton you pass on to the next generation—depositing truth and practice into the minds, hearts, and lives of those you live and minister among. Here’s how I can help:
- Want to stay in touch with me and get links, articles, and courses for building your spiritual legacy? Just sign up for my monthly newsletter.
- Take in the different resources available on my Resources page.
- Subscribe to my Holy in the Daily blog and receive my posts delivered right to your email or RSS feed.
- Follow me on Twitter and Facebook. I post daily tips and links for building a spiritual legacy. Plus, I love the conversations!
- Check out my books at Eternal Foundations, my publishing website.
- Contact me for Christian life coaching, mentoring, or to speak at your next retreat, seminar, or conference.